Skip to main content

Expression of Opinion

Dear Mr. President,

To formally start my message, I would like to greet you a good day, all the way from Ilocos Sur. Being a President is a huge responsibility. The stake of the Philippines depend under your leadership. I would like to convey my opinion regarding your governance, including your campaign against illegal drugs.

Many people wish that you will be impeached because they dislike your supremacy but as a matter of fact, you are better than those they favor to be on your position. You are a good leader but some people choose to be blinded by your negative actions. Instead of helping you avoid mistakes, they wait for you to commit one. Though there really are reasons to be against you. Your campaign against illegal drugs took away the lives of people that may still have room for change and even those who are innocent. While you are eradicating one of the roots of crime, you are violating human rights also. Second, isn't it odd for a person reigning on a pedestal to be speaking informally in public? You deliver your speech with vulgar words and sometimes, with threats. I know that your way of living progress in our country doesn't have anything to do with your speaking but you must take into consideration the respect of your people. But still, I could not deny the fact that you have already contributed development in our economy. Even those who are behind shadows will soon see your sincerity and greatness.

Sir, I don't intend to offend you or question your further ability. Hopefully, you could deduct what I am stating through this message. Thank you. May this day and the upcoming ones be a blissful.

Respectfully yours,
Marianne Michelle Pardo

Comments

  1. Reading this article of yours is something I never got tired of. Your bravery in pointing out our president's negative acts is truly amazing. Your not-sugar-coated-words are the highlights of this article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

It is a will of mine to learn, not just to listen to our teacher as she speaks in front of our class without understanding any word she says. It wasn't too hard to absorb the topics we discussed -except for some- especially that the teachers had their own strategies in teaching that made the discussions flow easily. Being on my last year in junior high, I need to be more attentive than usual.  Although discussions were light, there were challenges I faced throughout the whole quarter. I found it hard not to be tempted to chitchat with my seatmate while we were having discussions. I had to sleep late at night in doing our requirements even on other subjects so I felt sleepy at times. There were also rough moments where frustration almost ate me when I couldn't think of other ideas to give more life to my articles. I got torn between having to give negative or positive comments to the President. There would also be times when I'd be think of what ifs especially on receiv...

Filipino: Wika ng Saliksik

  Ang ating wika ang isa sa mga salik na nagbubuklod sa atin. Sa kabila ng pagkakaiba ng ating mga diyalekto, sa paggamit ng iisang wika, nakakapagtalastasan tayo nang mainam sapagkat naiintindihan natin ang ideya at saloobin ng isa't isa. Ngunit paano kung sa pagdaan ng panahon, sa halip na mas mapalago ang paggamit ng sariling nating wika sa pagkatuto at pagbabahagi ay mas pipiliin ng karamihan ang wika ng ibang bansa at ang wikang nakukuha nila sa Social Media? Dito pumapasok ang tema ng Buwan ng Wika ngayong taon, " Filipino: Wika ng Saliksik .” Kumikilala ito sa wikang Filipino bilang midyum sa paglikha at pagpapalaganap ng pambansang karunungan at kaunlaran. Ang wikang Filipino ang sandata sa mas malalim at mas mahusay na talakayan sa pagitan ng mga Pilipino. Ito ang nakagawian nating wika ngunit kadalasan ay gumagamit pa rin tayo ng wikang Ingles sa pagsasaliksik. Tunay ngang naituturo ang wikang ito ngunit mas mapapadali ang pagkatuto kung ang wikang naiinti...

My Dream, My Future

     Life is about balance. Everyone in this world has dreams which force them to work hard. Working on your dreams and achieving them is a great feeling from which very few are able to go through. On my hands are my dreams and desires to have a wonderful future. There's a destiny I have to take. One wrong step in the wrong direction might change who I am and where I'll be. In order to be somebody in the world, I have to fight and strive for it and also dodge the bullets that come along with it.      Pursuing my dreams isn't as easy as it seem. We are told that mistakes may break the perfect little future we have in mind so I hardly make my decisions especially now that I'm on the crossroad of choosing which strand to take on Senior High. Every decision I make has significance and even the tiniest choice would reverberate. I shouldn't risk making wrong decisions for my future is at stake. I have to deal with the ups and downs of pursuing my dreams. Ups...