Skip to main content

Healthy Living

Nutrition Month is celebrated annually to spread awareness on the positive effects that nutrition brings to our health. Every year, the National Nutrition Council declares a theme that will be put into action throughout the month of July.

This year's theme is "Ugaliing Magtanim, Sapat na Nutrisyon Aanihin."

The theme does not only pertain to farmers whose living revolve around agriculture. It persuades everyone to practice the habit of planting. To which, we'll be able to harvest a healthy lifestyle. It upholds family gardening. Planting may be the first step toward the human body's wealth of nutrition. We must not sleep on our health for it is one of the factors that structures our other aspects. We could become physically, emotionally, and mentally stable. When you know how to read between the lines, you could easily tell that the "Magtanim" or "planting" which is said on the theme do not include plants that do not contribute nutrients that builds our body. This refer to fruits, vegetables, and other root crops.

We must achieve a healthy living in order to live life to the fullest. Isn't it also satisfying that the food we eat are product of our own hard work? We must extend agriculture on farmlands to food production at home.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

It is a will of mine to learn, not just to listen to our teacher as she speaks in front of our class without understanding any word she says. It wasn't too hard to absorb the topics we discussed -except for some- especially that the teachers had their own strategies in teaching that made the discussions flow easily. Being on my last year in junior high, I need to be more attentive than usual.  Although discussions were light, there were challenges I faced throughout the whole quarter. I found it hard not to be tempted to chitchat with my seatmate while we were having discussions. I had to sleep late at night in doing our requirements even on other subjects so I felt sleepy at times. There were also rough moments where frustration almost ate me when I couldn't think of other ideas to give more life to my articles. I got torn between having to give negative or positive comments to the President. There would also be times when I'd be think of what ifs especially on receiv...

Filipino: Wika ng Saliksik

  Ang ating wika ang isa sa mga salik na nagbubuklod sa atin. Sa kabila ng pagkakaiba ng ating mga diyalekto, sa paggamit ng iisang wika, nakakapagtalastasan tayo nang mainam sapagkat naiintindihan natin ang ideya at saloobin ng isa't isa. Ngunit paano kung sa pagdaan ng panahon, sa halip na mas mapalago ang paggamit ng sariling nating wika sa pagkatuto at pagbabahagi ay mas pipiliin ng karamihan ang wika ng ibang bansa at ang wikang nakukuha nila sa Social Media? Dito pumapasok ang tema ng Buwan ng Wika ngayong taon, " Filipino: Wika ng Saliksik .” Kumikilala ito sa wikang Filipino bilang midyum sa paglikha at pagpapalaganap ng pambansang karunungan at kaunlaran. Ang wikang Filipino ang sandata sa mas malalim at mas mahusay na talakayan sa pagitan ng mga Pilipino. Ito ang nakagawian nating wika ngunit kadalasan ay gumagamit pa rin tayo ng wikang Ingles sa pagsasaliksik. Tunay ngang naituturo ang wikang ito ngunit mas mapapadali ang pagkatuto kung ang wikang naiinti...

My Dream, My Future

     Life is about balance. Everyone in this world has dreams which force them to work hard. Working on your dreams and achieving them is a great feeling from which very few are able to go through. On my hands are my dreams and desires to have a wonderful future. There's a destiny I have to take. One wrong step in the wrong direction might change who I am and where I'll be. In order to be somebody in the world, I have to fight and strive for it and also dodge the bullets that come along with it.      Pursuing my dreams isn't as easy as it seem. We are told that mistakes may break the perfect little future we have in mind so I hardly make my decisions especially now that I'm on the crossroad of choosing which strand to take on Senior High. Every decision I make has significance and even the tiniest choice would reverberate. I shouldn't risk making wrong decisions for my future is at stake. I have to deal with the ups and downs of pursuing my dreams. Ups...