Skip to main content

Technology: A Friend to Humanity

     Technology has advanced with years and it has changed the way we purchase products, the way we live, the way we communicate, the way we travel, the way we learn and so many changes have been brought about by these continuous technological advancements. As people's demand and lifestyle change, the demand for advancing the type of technology we use is high.

     "Wavefront: Accentuating Potentials, Activating Technological Advancements" is the theme of this year's National Science Club Month. How does this relate to us? The theme urges everyone of us to use our knowledge, and unleash our potentials so that we can contribute in the development, progress, and advancement of technology. We may not know it, but even our smallest efforts can contribute to our society, and inspire other people to take actions too. Technological advancements have helped business and organizations save time and cost of production, helped in the field of medicine and health care, communication and even in agriculture. From food production, environmental conservation, possible cures for illnesses, etc., to understand how the things around us operate, we must be able to comprehend the science behind it. We all have potentials -- all we need is dedication and zeal.

     "As we design new technology, as we make use of our knowledge about the world and the knowledge that we are gaining about ourselves, about our thinking processes, through research in Al and cognitive simulation, we will realise that we have to apply our technology in a way that keeps man’s peace with the universe in which he lives, instead of conceiving our technology as a weapon with which man can wage war on the rest of nature." - Herbert Simon



Reference:
https://www.useoftechnology.com/technological-advancements-effects-humanity/
https://www.bartleby.com/essay/The-Advancements-Of-Science-And-Technology-F37MQHQKFT85

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

It is a will of mine to learn, not just to listen to our teacher as she speaks in front of our class without understanding any word she says. It wasn't too hard to absorb the topics we discussed -except for some- especially that the teachers had their own strategies in teaching that made the discussions flow easily. Being on my last year in junior high, I need to be more attentive than usual.  Although discussions were light, there were challenges I faced throughout the whole quarter. I found it hard not to be tempted to chitchat with my seatmate while we were having discussions. I had to sleep late at night in doing our requirements even on other subjects so I felt sleepy at times. There were also rough moments where frustration almost ate me when I couldn't think of other ideas to give more life to my articles. I got torn between having to give negative or positive comments to the President. There would also be times when I'd be think of what ifs especially on receiv...

Filipino: Wika ng Saliksik

  Ang ating wika ang isa sa mga salik na nagbubuklod sa atin. Sa kabila ng pagkakaiba ng ating mga diyalekto, sa paggamit ng iisang wika, nakakapagtalastasan tayo nang mainam sapagkat naiintindihan natin ang ideya at saloobin ng isa't isa. Ngunit paano kung sa pagdaan ng panahon, sa halip na mas mapalago ang paggamit ng sariling nating wika sa pagkatuto at pagbabahagi ay mas pipiliin ng karamihan ang wika ng ibang bansa at ang wikang nakukuha nila sa Social Media? Dito pumapasok ang tema ng Buwan ng Wika ngayong taon, " Filipino: Wika ng Saliksik .” Kumikilala ito sa wikang Filipino bilang midyum sa paglikha at pagpapalaganap ng pambansang karunungan at kaunlaran. Ang wikang Filipino ang sandata sa mas malalim at mas mahusay na talakayan sa pagitan ng mga Pilipino. Ito ang nakagawian nating wika ngunit kadalasan ay gumagamit pa rin tayo ng wikang Ingles sa pagsasaliksik. Tunay ngang naituturo ang wikang ito ngunit mas mapapadali ang pagkatuto kung ang wikang naiinti...

My Dream, My Future

     Life is about balance. Everyone in this world has dreams which force them to work hard. Working on your dreams and achieving them is a great feeling from which very few are able to go through. On my hands are my dreams and desires to have a wonderful future. There's a destiny I have to take. One wrong step in the wrong direction might change who I am and where I'll be. In order to be somebody in the world, I have to fight and strive for it and also dodge the bullets that come along with it.      Pursuing my dreams isn't as easy as it seem. We are told that mistakes may break the perfect little future we have in mind so I hardly make my decisions especially now that I'm on the crossroad of choosing which strand to take on Senior High. Every decision I make has significance and even the tiniest choice would reverberate. I shouldn't risk making wrong decisions for my future is at stake. I have to deal with the ups and downs of pursuing my dreams. Ups...