Skip to main content

Children's Month


     


Image result for catriona gray with childrenChildren's Month is an activity every November that commemorates the adoption of the Convention of the Rights of the Child by the UN Assembly. This year's theme, "Isulong: Tamang Pag-aaruga sa Lahat ng Bata," is a call to stop all forms of violence on children and pushes for a safe, nurturing and protective environment for them through positive discipline.

     The celebration seeks to increase knowledge on how to handle or educate children while in the cyberspace; intensify the advocacy of positive discipline; provide space for children's participation in the legislative advocacy; push for the passage of the PDB and celebrate gains and success on child's rights promotions and protection of the country.

     "It takes a village to raise a child. Let us all work together to end these Violence against children so that they will become productive citizens of our country. Let us all push for positive parenting and positive discipline." 



Reference:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

It is a will of mine to learn, not just to listen to our teacher as she speaks in front of our class without understanding any word she says. It wasn't too hard to absorb the topics we discussed -except for some- especially that the teachers had their own strategies in teaching that made the discussions flow easily. Being on my last year in junior high, I need to be more attentive than usual.  Although discussions were light, there were challenges I faced throughout the whole quarter. I found it hard not to be tempted to chitchat with my seatmate while we were having discussions. I had to sleep late at night in doing our requirements even on other subjects so I felt sleepy at times. There were also rough moments where frustration almost ate me when I couldn't think of other ideas to give more life to my articles. I got torn between having to give negative or positive comments to the President. There would also be times when I'd be think of what ifs especially on receiv...

Filipino: Wika ng Saliksik

  Ang ating wika ang isa sa mga salik na nagbubuklod sa atin. Sa kabila ng pagkakaiba ng ating mga diyalekto, sa paggamit ng iisang wika, nakakapagtalastasan tayo nang mainam sapagkat naiintindihan natin ang ideya at saloobin ng isa't isa. Ngunit paano kung sa pagdaan ng panahon, sa halip na mas mapalago ang paggamit ng sariling nating wika sa pagkatuto at pagbabahagi ay mas pipiliin ng karamihan ang wika ng ibang bansa at ang wikang nakukuha nila sa Social Media? Dito pumapasok ang tema ng Buwan ng Wika ngayong taon, " Filipino: Wika ng Saliksik .” Kumikilala ito sa wikang Filipino bilang midyum sa paglikha at pagpapalaganap ng pambansang karunungan at kaunlaran. Ang wikang Filipino ang sandata sa mas malalim at mas mahusay na talakayan sa pagitan ng mga Pilipino. Ito ang nakagawian nating wika ngunit kadalasan ay gumagamit pa rin tayo ng wikang Ingles sa pagsasaliksik. Tunay ngang naituturo ang wikang ito ngunit mas mapapadali ang pagkatuto kung ang wikang naiinti...

My Dream, My Future

     Life is about balance. Everyone in this world has dreams which force them to work hard. Working on your dreams and achieving them is a great feeling from which very few are able to go through. On my hands are my dreams and desires to have a wonderful future. There's a destiny I have to take. One wrong step in the wrong direction might change who I am and where I'll be. In order to be somebody in the world, I have to fight and strive for it and also dodge the bullets that come along with it.      Pursuing my dreams isn't as easy as it seem. We are told that mistakes may break the perfect little future we have in mind so I hardly make my decisions especially now that I'm on the crossroad of choosing which strand to take on Senior High. Every decision I make has significance and even the tiniest choice would reverberate. I shouldn't risk making wrong decisions for my future is at stake. I have to deal with the ups and downs of pursuing my dreams. Ups...