Skip to main content

Read to earn yourself some wings

     It is exceptionally beneficial to read. If you're a writer -- either for career or hobby, frustrated or otherwise -- reading is essential in expanding your vocabulary and learning about a wide range of topics. If you just find reading as pastime/hobby, given these benefits, it is time to reflect and rethink what you have been consuming for reading purposes. 

     As the article goes, "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." We are what we feed our minds. We are what we read. If you read, you earn yourself some wings. Reading is important because it does not only develop our minds, but it gives us endless knowledge and lessons while keeping our minds active. Books can hold and keep all kinds of information, stories, thoughts and feelings unlike anything else in this world. Can words, paragraphs, and fictional worlds be all that great for you and your health? It definitely can, and reading is a timeless form of entertainment and 
information.



Image result for reading
Reading gives us varied pleasure. A sensuous poet may provide a rich feast for our senses, another may satisfy our aesthetic sense and another may give intellectual edification. Reading gives spiritual, intellectual and even sensuous pleasure. 







Reference:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

It is a will of mine to learn, not just to listen to our teacher as she speaks in front of our class without understanding any word she says. It wasn't too hard to absorb the topics we discussed -except for some- especially that the teachers had their own strategies in teaching that made the discussions flow easily. Being on my last year in junior high, I need to be more attentive than usual.  Although discussions were light, there were challenges I faced throughout the whole quarter. I found it hard not to be tempted to chitchat with my seatmate while we were having discussions. I had to sleep late at night in doing our requirements even on other subjects so I felt sleepy at times. There were also rough moments where frustration almost ate me when I couldn't think of other ideas to give more life to my articles. I got torn between having to give negative or positive comments to the President. There would also be times when I'd be think of what ifs especially on receiv...

Filipino: Wika ng Saliksik

  Ang ating wika ang isa sa mga salik na nagbubuklod sa atin. Sa kabila ng pagkakaiba ng ating mga diyalekto, sa paggamit ng iisang wika, nakakapagtalastasan tayo nang mainam sapagkat naiintindihan natin ang ideya at saloobin ng isa't isa. Ngunit paano kung sa pagdaan ng panahon, sa halip na mas mapalago ang paggamit ng sariling nating wika sa pagkatuto at pagbabahagi ay mas pipiliin ng karamihan ang wika ng ibang bansa at ang wikang nakukuha nila sa Social Media? Dito pumapasok ang tema ng Buwan ng Wika ngayong taon, " Filipino: Wika ng Saliksik .” Kumikilala ito sa wikang Filipino bilang midyum sa paglikha at pagpapalaganap ng pambansang karunungan at kaunlaran. Ang wikang Filipino ang sandata sa mas malalim at mas mahusay na talakayan sa pagitan ng mga Pilipino. Ito ang nakagawian nating wika ngunit kadalasan ay gumagamit pa rin tayo ng wikang Ingles sa pagsasaliksik. Tunay ngang naituturo ang wikang ito ngunit mas mapapadali ang pagkatuto kung ang wikang naiinti...

My Dream, My Future

     Life is about balance. Everyone in this world has dreams which force them to work hard. Working on your dreams and achieving them is a great feeling from which very few are able to go through. On my hands are my dreams and desires to have a wonderful future. There's a destiny I have to take. One wrong step in the wrong direction might change who I am and where I'll be. In order to be somebody in the world, I have to fight and strive for it and also dodge the bullets that come along with it.      Pursuing my dreams isn't as easy as it seem. We are told that mistakes may break the perfect little future we have in mind so I hardly make my decisions especially now that I'm on the crossroad of choosing which strand to take on Senior High. Every decision I make has significance and even the tiniest choice would reverberate. I shouldn't risk making wrong decisions for my future is at stake. I have to deal with the ups and downs of pursuing my dreams. Ups...